SwimFit GA offers swimming lessons and swimming classes (for all ages), family swim, competitive swimming and many kinds of adaptive swim programs for kids with special needs, so we can all safely enjoy the pleasures of an aquatic environment. Swimming is a life skill as well as great exercise and a challenging sport.
Adaptive Swim Lessons
Adaptive swim lessons are geared for children with physical or cognitive disabilities. Students will learn stroke techniques, water safety, self-confidence, and teamwork. Swimming provides invaluable therapy for children with autism, as well as providing a social outlet for them.
Learn to Swim Course
Our six-level Learn-to-Swim program is unlike anything offered by other learn to swim programs. The program is designed for children over 6 years all the way up to adults, and students progress through the levels at their own pace, mastering the skills in one level before advancing to the next. Each level of our Learn-to-Swim class includes training in basic water safety and helping others in an emergency, in addition to stroke development.
Course length: Varies by location. Courses typically meet for 8-10 sessions of 30-45 minutes each
• Level 1: Introduction to Water Skills
• Level 2: Fundamental Aquatic Skills
• Level 3: Stroke Development
• Level 4: Stroke Improvement
• Level 5: Stroke Refinement
• Level 6: Swimming and Skill Proficiency
Preschool Aquatics (Swimming Course for Children)
Children ages 4 and 5 learn water safety, survival skills and foundational swimming concepts in a safe and fun environment. Skills are age-appropriate, allowing students to achieve success on a regular basis.
Course length: Varies by location. Courses typically meet for 30 minutes over 8-10 sessions
• Level 1 helps children become comfortable in the water and basic water safety.
• Level 2 builds on Level 1 and introduces fundamental skills, such as kicking and builds on Level 1.
• Level 3 focuses on coordinating arm and leg movements and improving upon skills learned in Levels 1 and 2.